Read all posts

Your child might be taking an ADHD drug he doesn’t need

If you suspect your child has ADHD, an appointment with a pediatrician can be a good place to start. The child should have a medical exam, including hearing and vision tests, to rule out other conditions that can cause symptoms similar to ADHD's.

Read the article on Consumerreports

Dr. Sears Comments:

Dr. Barry Sears

A simple blood test like the AA/EPA ratio can also help diagnose children. If the ratio is high, then the first “drug” to use is high-dose fish oil before thinking about traditional drugs.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *